The Faculty of Communication and International Relations Blanquerna offers this Diploma, that merges into the triad of communication, religion and new technologies. It does it with more than thirty Professors and specialized professionals on this topic. Within these professionals, there is Vatican Italian Journalist of Il Corriere della Sera newspaper, Luigi Accattoli; Dra. Leticia Soberón, member of the Secretariat for the Communication in the “Santa Sede”, the Editorial Director of Aleteia, Jesús Colina or the expert in Cybertheology, Antonio Spadaro S.J. between others. During the course, students acquire high ability skills in communication tasks and learn how to deal with the Public Image of Ecclesial and Religious Entities. Also, the Postgraduate gives the opportunity to explore new possibilities of communication that the Digital environment offers us due to spread the religious and institutional message.
The registration is opened.
-Training professionals to improve communication management and the public image of Ecclesial Entities.
-Knowing the religious fact and its media involvement.
-Assimilating the institutional communication techniques applied to Religious Entities.
– Learning how to use new technologies due to disseminate the religious message.
– Familiarizing yourself with the demands and dynamics of the media and its uses.
– Understanding the running of journalism specialized in religion.
-Detecting the keys of Corporate Communication to apply them into the religious environment.
Profile of candidates
Any person, who is in possession of a Spanish official university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the EEES, can have access to the Postgraduate.
The degree is aimed at those responsible for communication of Religious Entities, bishops, NGOs, Protocol Professionals and event’s organization of institutions related to the Church and the interreligious world.
The access is also opened to journalists who want to deepen in the knowledge of religions and new technologies, and communicators interested in the socio-religious sector, as well as teachers and Professors, who want to apply the knowledge of religions and new technologies to their teaching method.
Institutional Communication Managers, press offices, graduates in Publicity and Public Relations, Journalism, Audiovisual Communication, Humanities, Religious Sciences, who want to acquire professional knowledge of religion, institutional communication and social networks, can have access.
Those interested in attending the Postgraduate course must hold an interview with the academic director and / or with the Coordinator of the Master’s Degree. The list of admitted will be decided based on the personal interview and the CV of the candidate.
Transversal and specific competences:
-Using tools regarding to Public Relations in order to promote knowledge of Religious Entities.
– Managing resources and techniques of the Institutional Communication of bishoprics, Religious Orders, groups, movements and Ecclesial Entities.
-Dominating the keys related to the interpretation of religions, their historical and doctrinal backgrounds and their peculiarities in the relationship with propaganda, advertising, oratory and visual resources.
– Using the new social networks to allocate and disseminate the messages of Religious Institutions.
– Learning how to manage Communication Projects related to religion.
– Knowing the main sources of religious information and which are the organizations that deal with the religious fact throughout the world.
– Detecting the deficiencies and strong communication points of the main World Religious Leaders.
– Communication Responsible of a Religious Entity
– Journalist specialized in religious affairs
– Professor of Communication and Religion
– Expert on Social Networks and Religion
Information and interviewing:
You can request information about the Diploma at:firstname.lastname@example.org
or by clicking here